Fear not, Wii users who dabble in the dark arts of “homebrew,” Waninkoko has your back. This here is a video demonstrating his new application that lets you run hombebrew software off a USB device. The video is in some strange, foreign language, but it otherwise checks out.
Another point: this here application has already leaked onto the Dark Web—presumably if you’re into Wii “homebrew” you know where to go—but it requires a new cIOS. Hence, useless. Wait for the official release. Or, as I like to say, hurry up and wait!
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company developing game consoles. It is engaged in developing, manufacturing and distributing best-selling desktop and portable consoles and related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer/NES, Super Famicom/SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii and Wii U. Nintendo was founded on …
- Location Kyoto, Kyoto
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Video Games, Games
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Description The Wii is the fifth game console in Nintendo's entertainment system line. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. The Wii has disrupted the Console market outshining competition from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's playstation 3. The console is distinguished by its wireless remotes which control games by detecting movement and acceleration.
- Website http://wii.nintendo.com
- Full profile for Wii