Great news for boxee and iPhone users. The official boxee app was finally approved by Apple and is now available on the App Store. We hear the app is basic but it should be good enough for simple playback controls. It’s too bad that it took so fraking long for Apple’s stamp of approval.
The little boxee logo works as the main control. Click it for pause/stop/play control and drag it around the screen for directional control. Seems simple. It’s definitely a pleasant alternative than a screen full of icons.
- Founded 2004
- Overview Boxee is a partially open-source freeware media player software platform that integrates personal locally stored media with Internet streaming media along with social networking features. Boxee's social networking component allows users to share information about what they are watching or listening to with other boxee users or friends on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, etc. Since it is …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Television, Software
- Founders Idan Cohen, Avner Ronen, Tom Sella, Roee Vulkan
- Website http://www.boxee.tv
- Full profile for Boxee
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone