The seven steps to jailbreak your iPod touch 2G
The Dev Team has released a seven step process to jailbreak the 2.2.1 iPod touch firmware. Sure, it’s not packaged up in a nice and pretty app, but the steps don’t look to hard. Just follow ‘em to the letter and hopefully – *fingers-crossed* – you will be able to run jailbroken apps. But it’s totally not our fault if you bork your iPod touch. M’kay?
- Download unofficialsn0w 2.0 for Windows from here
- Get the 2.2.1 iPod Touch Firmware here
- Rename the 2.2.1 ipsw to OriginalFW.ipsw and place it in /IPSW
- Run IPSW.bat (It will take a while)
- Right click on the jb.ispw and either open with Winrar or 7.zip
- Go into Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n72ap.production\
- Delete the LLB file.(optional since it will be replaced by the new one)
- Replace (by dragging) with the LLB file that’s in the same folder as the jb.ipsw.
- Exit, continue to step 6
- Place your iPod Touch 2G into DFU mode, plug it in and run RUNME.exe
- Shift + Restore to JB.ipsw in iTunes and your done!!!
via Technology by Danger