iFixIt has torn up the 20-inch iMac, finding inside what appears to be a computer manufactured by Apple Computer. The coolest thing? The front screen is held in by magnets and can be removed with suction cups.
The iMacs also have laptop optical drives but full-sized desktop hard drives, a fairly interesting design choice. Sticking all of those electronics into a package that small must be pretty tough. Also, you can upgrade the RAM by removing a screw in the back. Easy peasy.
- Founded 2003
- Overview iFixit is an online collaborative community of users who want to create and use how to guides for a variety of objects including iPads, iPhones, tablets, etc.
- Location San Luis Obispo, California
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Luke Soules, Kyle Wiens
- Website http://ifixit.com
- Full profile for iFixit
- Description The iMac is a Brand developed by Apple Inc (Formerly Apple Computer Inc). The Brand encompasses a number of computers that have been developed and released by the aofrementioned company since 1998. They include: The iMac G3 (M4984)- Original CRT PowerPC G3 The iMac G3 (M5521)- Second Generation PowerPC G3 The iMac G4- A PowerPC G4 computer with tilt and swivel integral flat panel monitor and "Upturned …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iMac