Happy happy! Safari is 4 and Steve Jobs is 54. The beloved head of Apple is eleven years away from retirement (hang in there!) and hopefully he’s going to make it through to another 54 years – he’s probably got a great health plan, after all.
All kidding aside, it’s rare to find such a galvanizing figure in business. When they write the business history of the 20th and 21st centuries, expect him and Bill Gates to be in there – everyone else is just a footnote.
Fortune brings up his Stanford commencement address:
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Bio Steve Jobs was the co-founder and CEO of [Apple](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/apple) and formerly [Pixar](/company/pixar). Steve Jobs was born in San Francisco, California to Joanne Simpson and a Syrian father. Paul and Clara Jobs of Mountain View, California then adopted him. In 1972, Jobs graduated from Homestead High School in Cupertino, California and enrolled in Reed College in Portland, …
- Full profile for Steve Jobs