Hulu didn’t make any friends this week when the NBC-owned site succumbed to the pressure of content owners and had the content pulled from Boxee. Alec Baldwin wasn’t kidding when he said the company was evil. Anyway, thanks to the hacking of some disgruntle geeks, you can now get access back on both Boxee and XBMC.
It seems like this is a dirty, backdoor hack that doesn’t work 100 percent of the time, but it’s better than nothing. Give her a go and let us know how it works.
- Founded 2004
- Overview Boxee is a partially open-source freeware media player software platform that integrates personal locally stored media with Internet streaming media along with social networking features. Boxee's social networking component allows users to share information about what they are watching or listening to with other boxee users or friends on social networks like Twitter, Facebook, etc. Since it is …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Television, Software
- Founders Idan Cohen, Avner Ronen, Tom Sella, Roee Vulkan
- Website http://www.boxee.tv
- Full profile for Boxee
- Founded 2007
- Overview Founded in March 2007, Hulu is operated independently by a dedicated management team with offices in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Seattle and Beijing. NBC Universal, News Corporation, as of April 2009, Disney, Providence Equity Partners and the Hulu team share in the ownership stake of the company. Hulu is an online video service that offers a selection of hit shows, clips, movies and more at Hulu.com, …
- Location Los Angeles, California
- Categories Office Space, Content, Entertainment, Television, Video, Games
- Founders Beth Comstock
- Website http://www.hulu.com
- Full profile for hulu