Chinese boy killed when height adjusting mechanism in chair explodes

Next Story

Did Last.fm Just Hand Over User Listening Data To the RIAA?

anal-chair-death

I kind of hope this is some sort of sick, twisted joke but apparently a 14-year-old boy in China was recently killed when the pneumatic gas cylinder – the thing that controls the vertical height adjustment — in his chair exploded, sending fragments of the chair into his rectum.

I’m now trying to remember the last chair I owned or used at a workplace that DIDN’T have one of these adjusting mechanisms. I had no idea it was capable of this type of damage.

[Anorak via Gizmodo]

blog comments powered by Disqus