Roku is adding Amazon VOD to its $99 media streaming device. Currently the service is only in beta but if all goes well, we should see the library within the 2.0 firmware update. (ETA unknown) There still isn’t any word if the update will bring Amazon VOD in high-def though. The higher quality service was hinted by TiVo a few months ago but it still hasn’t shown up on that platform yet. Will Roku beat TiVo to the punch with Amazon VOD HD? Maybe.
- Founded 1997
- Overview Tivo is a brand of digital video recorders (DVRs). Tivo devices provides users with the ability to save television programs for later viewing ("time shifting"), an electronic television programming schedule, and recording options based on that schedule.
- Location Alviso, California
- Categories Television, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.tivo.com
- Full profile for TiVo
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, Washington
- Categories Delivery, Groceries, Software, Internet, Retail, Consumer Goods, Crowdsourcing, E-Commerce
- Founders Jeff Bezos
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon