Palm Pre to launch in March?
It’s not quite the February 15th rumor from a couple weeks ago, but BGR is reporting that the Palm Pre might be launching around March 15th according to an end-of-life (EOL) list of Sprint handsets leaked from somewhere inside the company.
The February 15th phone appears to be the Treo Pro, which will replace the Palm 800w. The Palm Pre has a “target in-stock” date of 3/15 and will replace the Palm 755p if the leaked document is to be believed.
Unfortunately, the actual document hasn’t been posted anywhere so, as always, take info like this with a grain of salt. The list below shows end-of-life dates for current devices, with each device followed by the device that’ll replace it (if applicable).
Device Name – Projected Warehouse EOL – Replacement (if available)
- Sierra Compass 597 USB – Early February – Sierra 598 USB
- Motorola ic602 – Early February
- LG 160 – Mid-February – Samsung M220
- LG Rumor (blue) – Mid February – LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
- Motorola i325IS – Mid February – Motorola i365IS
- LG Rumor (green) – Mid March – LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
- Franklin Wireless U680 USB – Early April
- Palm 800W – April – Palm Treo Pro (target in-stock 2/15)
- LG Rumor (black) – Mid April – LG 265 Rumor II (target in-stock 2/15)
- Motorola i615 – Mid April
- Samsung M520 Lumina – Mid April – LG LX370 (slider)
- RIM BlackBerry Pearl (red) – May
- LG LX400 – Late May
- Palm 755P (blue) – Late May – Palm Pre (target in-stock 3/15)
- Sanyo 6750 Eclipse (pink) – June
- Palm Centro (berry) – June
- Motorola Q9C – Mid June
- Sierra 597E – July – Sierra 2-in-1 Aircard
- Palm Centro (green) – July
- Palm Centro refresh (black) – July
- Motorola VE20 – July
- HTC Touch Diamond – July
- RIM BlackBerry 7100i – August – RIM BlackBerry 8350i