Unlike Brain Age, Nintendo’s Wii Fit actually works to help get people into shape. It might not be as successful as a personal trainer, but that may change soon.
Hitachi, NEC, and Panasonic Medical Solution are teaming up with Nintendo to support sending your Wii Fit data to a health care professional who can give you advice. This seems like a pretty nice idea for an opt-in service. It’ll be interesting to see if this makes folks use Wii Fit even more.
Via Akihabara News
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company developing game consoles. It is engaged in developing, manufacturing and distributing best-selling desktop and portable consoles and related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer/NES, Super Famicom/SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii and Wii U. Nintendo was founded on …
- Location Kyoto, Kyoto
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Video Games, Games
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Description The Wii is the fifth game console in Nintendo's entertainment system line. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. The Wii has disrupted the Console market outshining competition from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's playstation 3. The console is distinguished by its wireless remotes which control games by detecting movement and acceleration.
- Website http://wii.nintendo.com
- Full profile for Wii