Dell is hinting at a tiny laptop line called Adamo which might be some sort of boutique line or actually be the name of a new, ultrathin laptop that will give the MacBook Air a run for its money. Ashlee Vance at NYT writes:
But most telling of all might have been the reaction of Michael Tatelman, Dell’s vice president in charge of consumer sales and marketing, to my question about whether or not Dell had an Air-like product in store. Mr. Tatelman’s mouth gaped open and his eyes darted away from my face.
The expectation is that the new line will be sleeker and cheaper than the MacBook line and will inject a little class into a traditionally staid and boring Dell line-up. Here’s hoping.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1984
- Overview Dell is an end-to-end solutions provider that has evolved from a PC manufacturer to an enterprise IT solutions partner with servers, storage, networking,software and services that enable customers to drive results, create competitive advantage and expand their opportunities. Dell was acquired by founder Michael Dell and Silverlake Partners after having gone public in 1988.
- Location Round Rock, Texas
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Michael Dell
- Website http://www.dell.com
- Full profile for Dell
- Description The MacBook Air has an aluminum unibody design, and it's part of what allows MacBook Air to weigh only 3.0 pounds and to be nearly as thin as your index finger. The unibody also makes MacBook Air amazingly durable. So you can throw it in your bag then pull it out wherever you happen to go without a second thought. The Intel Core 2 Duo processor in MacBook Air was designed to fit within the computer's …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for MacBook Air