Long before Virgin Mobile acquired Helio, we started hearing whispers that the Samsung F400 was destined for the carrier’s lineup. With its vertically dual-sliding design featuring a number pad on one end and dual speakers on the other, it would have been a pretty snazzy little handset for music fans on everyone’s favorite MVNO. Don’t expect to expect to see this one hit the shelves anytime soon, though.
- Founded 2005
- Overview Helio is a premium mobile service that targets multimedia services for the youth market and runs over a high-speed 3G network. Premium services include MySpace mobile, GPS-enabled Google Maps, GPS-powered Buddy Beacon and downloadable content sharing through "gifting & begging". Helio has retail stores in Santa Monica, San Diego, Palo Alto and Denver. A New York store is opening soon. Helio …
- Location Los Angeles, CA
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.helio.com
- Full profile for Helio
- Founded 2001
- Overview Virgin Mobile is a brand used by several mobile phone service providers. Each Virgin Mobile provider acts as an independent entity, usually in a partnership between [Richard Branson](http://www.crunchbase.com/person/richard-branson)'s Virgin Group and an existing phone company. In the US Virgin Mobile uses [Sprint](http://www.crunchbase.com/company/sprint-nextel)'s network.
- Location Warren, NJ
- Categories Software, Mobile, Telecommunications
- Website http://www.virginmobileusa.com
- Full profile for Virgin Mobile USA