Digeo finally has made their next-gen HD DVR somewhat available. Amazon has a soft launch of the $799 box and as much as I dig the Moxi’s UI, I hope it has the right stuff to justify spending $200 more than a 1TB TiVo HD XL. True, you don’t have the monthly subscription with the Moxi box, but it’s half the storage for HD Desperate Housewives recordings. Eventually TiVo will get off its ass and produce a comparable user interface ’cause that’s the one thing Moxi has going for it. But if you have $799 to spare and want to own a DVR without the monthly fees, this Moxi might be for you.
- Founded 1997
- Overview Tivo is a brand of digital video recorders (DVRs). Tivo devices provides users with the ability to save television programs for later viewing ("time shifting"), an electronic television programming schedule, and recording options based on that schedule.
- Location Alviso, California
- Categories Television, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.tivo.com
- Full profile for TiVo
- Founded 1999
- Overview Digeo, Inc. develops home entertainment technologies. The company provides digital media recorder platforms and services. Its Moxi Media Center products offer subscribers various digital entertainment capabilities, including digital video recording, high-definition programming, and digital media management of photography and music. The company was formerly known as Broadband Partners. Digeo, Inc. was …
- Location Kirkland, Washington
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.digeo.com
- Full profile for Digeo