Rumor has it that Apple will start selling DRM free content from Sony, Universal, and Warner starting December 9th. Apple has received much criticism in the past for their strict and rather dictatorial management of iTunes, however this could be a sign of things to come.
So what do you think? Is Apple delivering an early Christmas present? Could we really be moving towards a more liberal DRM system?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description iTunes, Apple's digital media player application, was introduced in January 2001. The application allows you to organize and play your digital music and podcast files. iTunes is available as a free download for Mac OS X and Windows. iTunes is able to interface on the iPod digital media player and on Apple's mobile device, the iPhone
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iTunes