Well, lookie here. TiVo has an button labeled, “Available in High Definition” underneath the Amazon Video On Demand section. While the button can be selected and pressed, it takes you to the main Amazon Video area where High Definition content is nowhere to be found – yet.
Strange? Not really. Netflix is streaming in HD and Amazon needs to compete. The only question now is, when will this button take TiVo users to high definition content? More as we get it.
- Founded 1997
- Overview Tivo is a brand of digital video recorders (DVRs). Tivo devices provides users with the ability to save television programs for later viewing ("time shifting"), an electronic television programming schedule, and recording options based on that schedule.
- Location Alviso, California
- Categories Television, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.tivo.com
- Full profile for TiVo
- Founded 1994
- Overview Amazon is an e-commerce retailer formed originally to provide consumers with products in two segments. It offers users with merchandise and content purchased for resale from vendors and those offered by third-party sellers. Operating in North American and International markets, Amazon provides its services through websites such as amazon.com and amazon.ca. It also enables authors, musicians, filmmakers, …
- Location Seattle, Washington
- Categories Delivery, Groceries, Consumer Goods, Crowdsourcing, E-Commerce
- Founders Jeff Bezos
- Website http://amazon.com
- Full profile for Amazon