Revising their previous target of 600,000 HTC G1s shipped by the end of 2008, HTC CEO Peter Chou has disclosed that the company now expects to ship at least 1 million of the world’s first Android handset by year’s end.
While it’s not quite as mind-boggling as the 1 million iPhone 3Gs Apple sold in just 3 days after launch, pushing one million handsets in 2 1/2 months is no small feat.
- Description Android is a software platform for mobile devices based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in Java that utilizes Google-developed software libraries, but does not support programs developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open …
- Website http://code.google.com/android
- Full profile for Android
- Founded 1997
- Overview HTC Corp is engaged in the design, development, and manufacture of smartphones and tablets in Taiwan. The company offers PDA phones and smartphones for mobile operators and distributors in Europe, the United States, and Asia. These machines are available as HTC devices and as products individually customized for operators and device partners. The company provides its own HTC self-branded products …
- Location Taoyüan, T'ai-wan
- Categories Hardware + Software, Mobile
- Founders HT Cho
- Website http://www.htc.com
- Full profile for HTC Corp