Can’t wait for the next iteration of OS X? Well, it’s coming in Q1 2009 which means you still have about 2 more months to sit on your hands and think happy thoughts. Apple’s Director of Engineering of Unix Technologies Jordan Hubbard said that the OS would launch Q1 2009 which places it in the January-March timeframe.
The new version should have improved multi-core and GPU support and considerably smaller application footprints. No major UI changes are expected, however, so this next version will definitely not have a Start menu.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description OS X is Apple's computer operating system, which is pre-loaded on all Apple computers. Mac OS X is a Unix-based operating system, built on technology developed at NeXT between the second half of the 1980s and Apple's purchase of the company in early 1996. It received UNIX 03 certification following its 10.5 version on Intel processors. OS X v 1.0 was released in 1999, with a second, desktop-oriented …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for OS X