Boy, the SlingCatcher has been in the works for sometime, but it’s finally shipping to eager nerds. The $299 streamer gives owners access to all their SlingBox’s without the need a computer. Plus, almost anything can be streamed off a Windows PC and eventually via Sling.com media portal. It’s a great looking device from a celebrated company, but is launching into a crowded niche market.
- Founded 2013
- Overview Sling enables friction-less mobile-payments between micro-merchants & consumers, in real-world situations. Operating in a multi-billion dollar industry, the company is leveraging identification & payment technologies to enable payments to micro-merchants, roving vendors, door-2-door and concession. The company offers a complete solution for paying and retrieving micro-payments, based on 3 main components: App (iOS, …
- Location Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv
- Categories FinTech, Mobile Payments, Retail Technology, Financial Services, Vending and Concessions
- Founders Erez Yerushalmi
- Website http://www.sling.xyz
- Full profile for Sling
- Description From the Sling Media website, "The SlingCatcher is a universal media player for your TV. SlingCatcher's on-screen interface and remote control provide easy access to TV from your Slingbox, Internet video from your PC, or personal media from your USB hard drive. So sit back, relax, and enjoy the digital age on your TV screen."
- Website http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingcatcher
- Full profile for SlingCatcher