Direct X 11 is on track for a 2009 release, according to AMD’s little slide up there. You’ll also note that the company expects Windows 7 in 2009, too. That’s cute.
And how many Direct X 10-only (or even DX10-enhances) games have there been since its release, what, two years ago? Doesn’t look like too many to me.
Also, just what is “HD+” supposed to mean?
- Founded 1969
- Overview AMD is an American semiconductor company that develops computer processors and related technologies for both commercial and consumer markets. They produce primarily microprocessors, motherboard chipsets, embedded processors, and graphics processors. The company was founded in 1969. They are now the second largest producer of x86 chips in the market.
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.amd.com
- Full profile for AMD
- Overview Allegheny Technologies Incorporated is one of the largest and most diversified specialty materials and components producers in the world with revenues of approximately $3.9 billion for the last twelve months. ATI has approximately 9,500 full-time employees world-wide who use innovative technologies to offer global markets a wide range of specialty materials solutions.
- Location Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Full profile for ATI