Some clumsy Briton at MI6 has lost a Nikon digital camera that’s filled to the brim with all sorts of sensitive information, including info on al-Qaeda. What’s worse, not that losing the camera isn’t bad enough, but that it was sold on eBay.
Yup, the missing Nikon is loaded with info on al-Qaeda, including names, finger prints and academic records.
Oh, and the camera was sold for the low, low price of £17, or just under $31.
At right, the only James Bond that matters.
- Founded 1995
- Overview eBay is an online auction and e-commerce platform and marketplace that enables people and businesses to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The platform connects millions of buyers with sellers globally utilizing PayPal to ensure secure transactions. It also operates specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace as well as eBay Classifieds …
- Location San Jose, California
- Categories Business Services, All Markets, Search, Auctions, Internet, E-Commerce
- Website http://ebay.com
- Full profile for eBay
- Founded 1917
- Overview Nikon Corporation is engaged in the manufacture and sale of optics and imaging instruments. It operates in three segments: precision equipment, imaging products, and instruments. The precision equipment segment offers IC/LCD steppers and scanners that are used for manufacturing integrated circuits, liquid crystal display panels, and organic electroluminescence panels for smartphones and tablet computers. The …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Photography
- Website http://www.nikon.com
- Full profile for Nikon