MacNN is reporting that Hong Kong Apple Stores are selling unlocked iPhones for $692 for the 8GB and $794 for the 16GB. This directly contradicts reports that mainland China will get a gimped up iPhone later this month but Hong Kong has always been an odd place.
Notably, iPhones in the region can be “activated with any wireless carrier,” according to Apple, and require only that a carrier’s SIM card be installed prior to sync with iTunes 8.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone