Talk about cutting it close. With less than 12 hours before T-Mobile officially pulls back the curtain on the ultra-hyped G1 Android phone, the floodgates have opened. Images extracted from the depths of T-Mobile’s G1 site have begun hitting tip boxes, and now TmoNews has managed to get their hands on a bunch of specs and details.
What’s known so far:
- In-store, immediate sales only available in locations within 5 miles of a 3G covered area. If a store is beyond that range, representatives will walk customers through a T-mobile.com purchase
- One touch access to: Search, Maps, Gmail, Youtube, Calendar, and Google Talk
- Gmail account and data plan required
- 3.1 mp camera, no video recording
- No stereo bluetooth (A2DP)
- Dimensions: 4.6 x 2.16 x 0.63 in
- Weighs 5.6 ounces
- 480×320 65K color screen
- 5 hour talk time, 130 hour standby time
- Expandable up to 8GB
We’ll update as more comes in and, of course, be covering tomorrow’s happenings as they go down.