Connect your iPhone to your computer right now to start downloading the just-released 2.1 firmware. This is the big one that’s supposed to fix all sorts of bugs and performance issues. It’ll take a little bit to determine how effective it is, though.
Apple lists the following improvements:
• Decrease in call set-up failures and dropped calls
• Significantly better battery life for most users
• Dramatically reduced time to backup to iTunes
• Improved email reliability, notably fetching email from POP and Exchange accounts
• Faster installation of 3rd party applications
• Fixed bugs causing hangs and crashes for users with lots of third party applications
• Improved performance in text messaging
• Faster loading and searching of contacts
• Improved accuracy of the 3G signal strength display
• Repeat alert up to two additional times for incoming text messages
• Option to wipe data after ten failed passcode attempts
• Genius playlist creation
Let us know how the update goes for you.
via Mobility Today