Virgin Mobile USA today announced that they had sealed the deal to bring buzzd’s location-based services directly to the WAP deck of all VirMo handsets. buzzd uses your location to find local happenings, doubling as a way to quickly find reviews for restaurants in your immediate area.
This is really more of an extension than some brand new deal. Helio partnered with buzzd back in February, and Virgin Mobile inherited the deal when they gobbled up Helio back in August – now they’re just stretching the services to the rest of the handsets not under the Helio umbrella.
- Founded 2005
- Overview Helio is a premium mobile service that targets multimedia services for the youth market and runs over a high-speed 3G network. Premium services include MySpace mobile, GPS-enabled Google Maps, GPS-powered Buddy Beacon and downloadable content sharing through "gifting & begging". Helio has retail stores in Santa Monica, San Diego, Palo Alto and Denver. A New York store is opening soon. Helio …
- Location Los Angeles, California
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.helio.com
- Full profile for Helio
- Founded 2001
- Overview Virgin Mobile is a brand used by several mobile phone service providers. Each Virgin Mobile provider acts as an independent entity, usually in a partnership between Richard Branson's Virgin Group and an existing phone company. In the US Virgin Mobile uses Sprint's network.
- Location Warren, New Jersey
- Categories Telecommunications, Software, Mobile
- Website http://www.virginmobileusa.com
- Full profile for Virgin Mobile USA