PSP fanboys, take note. Starting today, your little Sony buddy can hop on any of the FON Wi-Fi spots. Details aren’t exactly clear as if full internet will be available or if it is just going to be Sony-exclusive material. As far as the service goes though, there are around 44,000 FON spots world-wide so chance are that unless you’re in the middle of the a corn field, there is probably a FON spot by you.
Any PSP users care to give us a little hands on the new service? Pics and thoughts in the comments.
- Founded 2006
- Overview Fon was founded in February 2006 by serial entrepreneur Martin Varsavsky with the goal of blanketing the world with WiFi. Today the company is a global WiFi leader with over 7 million hotspots in more than 100 countries. Fon has offices in Madrid, London, Tokyo and New York. Its partners include Deutsche Telekom (Germany), Belgacom (Belgium), BT (UK), Hrvatski Telekom (Croatia), KPN (Netherlands), …
- Location Madrid, Madrid
- Categories File Sharing, Wireless, Mobile
- Website http://www.fon.com
- Full profile for Fon
- Founded 1946
- Overview Sony Corp is a multinational conglomerate corporation that designs and develops electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets. The company’s product portfolio includes LCD televisions, audio systems, Blu-ray disc players, memory-based audio devices, personal computers, interchangeable single-lens cameras, mobile phones, tablets, accessories, applications, …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.sony.net/
- Full profile for Sony Corp