Olympus Japan unveiled a new point and shoot camera [JP], the μ1060, which will become available on August 30 for $360 (no word on availability and pricing outside Japan yet).
The successor model of the μ1020 (Stylus 1020 in the US) comes with the following features:
- 1/2.33″ 10 megapixel CCD sensor
- 37mm-260mm lens
- 7x optical zoom
- ISO sensitivity of up to 6400
- a 3-inch LCD display
- 41 MB internal memory
- image stabilizer, face detection, smile detection
- support of microSD/micro SDHC and xD Picture cards
- USB port, PictBridge printer port
In Japan, the μ1060 will be available in silver, pink, green and white.