Olympus Japan unveiled a new point and shoot camera [JP], the μ1060, which will become available on August 30 for $360 (no word on availability and pricing outside Japan yet).
The successor model of the μ1020 (Stylus 1020 in the US) comes with the following features:
– 1/2.33″ 10 megapixel CCD sensor
– 37mm-260mm lens
– 7x optical zoom
– ISO sensitivity of up to 6400
– a 3-inch LCD display
– 41 MB internal memory
– image stabilizer, face detection, smile detection
– support of microSD/micro SDHC and xD Picture cards
– USB port, PictBridge printer port
In Japan, the μ1060 will be available in silver, pink, green and white.