The Xbox 360 outsold the PS3 for the first time ever in Japan. Microsoft’s console sold 28,116 units to Sony’s 10,705. That’s a significant difference, and one almost entirely due of the release of Tales of Vesperia, a JRPG published by Namco Bandai. Japan loves it some JRPGs.
I would call out Reuters, though, in portraying the current console battle as a three-way race. Nintendo is so far ahead of the Sony and Microsoft this generation that the name of this movie is Nintendo and The Also-rans.
- Description The Xbox 360 is Microsoft's 2nd generation game console.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Xbox 360
- Website N/A
- Full profile for
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company that develops game consoles. The company is engaged in developing, manufacturing, and distributing desktop and portable consoles and other related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer (NES), Super Famicom (SNES), Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii, and Wii U. Nintendo …
- Location Kyoto, 22
- Categories Video Games, Consumer Electronics
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the [Microsoft Windows line of operating systems](/product/windows), [Microsoft Office office suite](/product/microsoft-office), and [Internet Explorer](http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie) …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Software, Video Games
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft