Hey, you! Wanna be outraged? Try to go to muxtupe.com.
Oh! It’s down, and thanks to the RIAA, no less!
(Pandora Radio’s days may be numbered, too, by the way.)
That said, muxtupe was one of those sites I’d heard about but never used for more than 24 seconds. “Sharing playlists” really isn’t too high on my list of things I want to do.
But yes, now some of us have yet another reason to be mad at the RIAA.
And if you have no idea what Muxtape is (was?), it’s a site that lets users upload MP3s, then creates and easy-to-share playlist of said music.
- Overview Muxtape is a music service that lets its users create and share their online mixtape like MP3 playlists. Muxtape provides a very simple interface and a unique URL to share playlists. Users can upload up to twelve songs to their playlists.
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Curated Web
- Founders Justin Ouellette
- Website http://www.muxtape.com
- Full profile for Muxtape
- Founded 1952
- Overview The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) is the trade group that represents the U.S. recording industry. Its mission is to foster a business and legal climate that supports and promotes our members' creative and financial vitality. Its members are the record companies that comprise the most vibrant national music industry in the world. RIAA members create, manufacture and/or distribute …
- Location Washington, District of Columbia
- Categories Music, Non Profit, Licensing, Market Research
- Website http://riaa.com
- Full profile for RIAA, Recording Industry Association of America