All hail Apple, king of something or other.
Apple now has a higher market valuation than Google. Apple’s went up because of the success of the iPhone (and iPod and iMac), while Google’s went down because of the downturn in online advertising. Blame the economy for that one.
The actual numbers put Apple at $158.8 billion, and Google at $157.2 billion.
One odd sentence from the Guardian: “The iMac and the iPod continue to be firm favourites among laptop computer buyers and music fans.” Since when was the iMac a laptop computer?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, California
- Categories Software, Video Streaming, Email, Search, Information Technology, Blogging Platforms
- Founders Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Website http://www.google.com
- Full profile for Google
- Description The iMac is a Brand developed by Apple Inc (Formerly Apple Computer Inc). The Brand encompasses a number of computers that have been developed and released by the aofrementioned company since 1998. They include: The iMac G3 (M4984)- Original CRT PowerPC G3 The iMac G3 (M5521)- Second Generation PowerPC G3 The iMac G4- A PowerPC G4 computer with tilt and swivel integral flat panel monitor and "Upturned …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iMac
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone
- Description Apple's MP3 player that launch in 2001.
- Website N/A
- Full profile for iPod