Even without a modified system, you can now get DVD playback on your Wii. Mosey on over to HackMii where bushing and his band of cohorts have been working on the DVD Access library.
The DVDX installer instead will install a small, hidden, channel on your Wii that allows you to read DVDs on an unmodified system. It is not an installer for a patched IOS. You may however need one, depending on your system.
Team Twiizers also expanded the mplayer project to include playback of video files from the SD card. Check it out here for downloads and glowing commentary.
- Founded 1889
- Overview Nintendo is a Japanese multinational consumer electronics company developing game consoles. It is engaged in developing, manufacturing and distributing best-selling desktop and portable consoles and related hardware and software components. It also offers entertainment products such as Family Computer/NES, Super Famicom/SNES, Nintendo 64, Nintendo GameCube, Wii and Wii U. Nintendo was founded on …
- Location Kyoto, Kyoto
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Video Games, Games
- Website http://nintendo.com
- Full profile for Nintendo
- Description The Wii is the fifth game console in Nintendo's entertainment system line. The console is the direct successor to the Nintendo GameCube. The Wii has disrupted the Console market outshining competition from Microsoft's Xbox 360 and Sony's playstation 3. The console is distinguished by its wireless remotes which control games by detecting movement and acceleration.
- Website http://wii.nintendo.com
- Full profile for Wii