No massive changes reported but it appears that the 249.2MB 2.0.1 firmware is live and ready to install. The release coincides with an iTunes update and some are reporting some improvements in speed and performance. I’m updating now and will keep you apprised.
The update is pretty meh. It improves backup speed and I believe it gives worms to ex-girlfriends.
UPDATE – It appears to speed up browsing somewhat. iPhoneBuzz has photographic evidence:
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; a …
- Location Cupertino, California
- Categories Computers, Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Announced at the 2008 World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC), the iPhone 3G is the successor to Apple's wildly popular iPhone. It's faster, and much cheaper than its predecessor. Starting at $199 (with a two-year contract), you get an 8 gigabyte device with GPS that works on AT&Tâ€™s high-speed 3G network (as opposed to the slower EDGE network the original iPhone used). A 16 gigabyte …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone 3G