It seems the Playstation 3 will not get cheaper anytime soon. Sony’s Chief Financial Officer Nobuyuki Oneda said today in Singapore the company will not reduce the price of the console for the foreseeable future.
According to Oneda, Sony currently tries to improve profitability of its gaming business by lowering production costs for the Playstation 3. Apparently, the company also expects higher software sales.
Oneda’s remarks follow a $50 price drop for the Xbox 360 in the USA, which is expected for July 14.
- Founded 1946
- Overview Sony Corp is a multinational conglomerate corporation that designs and develops electronic equipment, instruments, and devices for consumer, professional, and industrial markets. The company’s product portfolio includes LCD televisions, audio systems, Blu-ray disc players, memory-based audio devices, personal computers, interchangeable single-lens cameras, mobile phones, tablets, accessories, applications, …
- Location Tokyo, Tokyo
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.sony.net/
- Full profile for Sony Corp
- Description The Xbox 360 is a video game console developed by Microsoft, and is the successor to the original Xbox, and it is the second console in the Xbox series. The Xbox 360 competes with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles. The Xbox 360 was officially unveiled on MTV on May 12, 2005, with detailed launch and game information divulged later …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Xbox 360