Flickr’d, a real rock band
Konami has sued Harmonix, alleging that Rock Band infringes on several of its music game-related patents. Karaoke Revolution first came out in North America in 2003, several years before both Guitar Hero and Rock Band. Now Konami wants Harmonix to pay up.
Apparently Harmonix hasn’t received the official complaint yet, so it hasn’t said anything in its defense.
Fact: I still see kids playing Dance Dance Revolution in malls.
via Next Generation
- Description Guitar Hero is a music rhythm game that provides its users with a friendly environment where they can share and discuss their passion for Guitar Hero and great music. Guitar Hero was launched on November 8, 2005 by Activision Blizzard, an American company that develops and publishes video games.
- Website http://guitarhero.com
- Full profile for Guitar Hero
- Founded 1969
- Overview Konami Corporation is major Japan-based game developer and publisher. It operates in three areas: Digital Entertainment (producing video games, arcade games, and toys), Health and Fitness (operating fitness clubs), Gaming and System (developing casino gaming machines). (NYSE: KNM, TYO: 9766)
- Categories Fitness, Entertainment, Gambling, Video Games, Health and Wellness, Toys, Games
- Website http://www.konami.co.jp
- Full profile for Konami