Not the most exciting of news, but it’s still good to hear: Palm is doing all right. They’ve sold nearly a million units this quarter, doubtless driven by the tiny, cheap, but feature-rich and popular Centro. Revenue was a healthy $300 million, though smartphones are becoming such a huge market that that number should probably be bigger. Still, with stiff competition from Blackberry and Apple, selling a million is no joke.
Keep it up, Palm, but see if you can’t up the cool factor on the Treos a little bit.
- Founded 2001
- Overview Centro, formed in 2001, is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. Centro develops smart media management software to help advertisers streamline and scale digital campaigns. With a unified, holistic platform, marketers can access 100% of all digital inventory, across all channels and devices. With proprietary insights into historical pricing, publisher and channel effectiveness, Centro helps brands plan …
- Location Chicago, Illinois
- Categories Sales and Marketing, Advertising, Media
- Founders Shawn Riegsecker
- Website http://www.centro.net
- Full profile for Centro
- Founded 1992
- Overview Palm, Inc. was a leading mobile products company, creating instinctive yet powerful mobile products that enabled people to better manage their lives on the go. The company's products for consumers, mobile professionals and businesses included Palm Treo and Centro smartphones and Palm handheld computers, as well as software, services and accessories. In July 2010, Palm was acquired by HP. The Palm …
- Location Sunnyvale, California
- Categories Mobile
- Website http://www.palm.com
- Full profile for Palm