DXG, “the digital camera company,” has thrown its Cowboy hat into the increasingly crowded direct-to-YouTube video cameras space. Its 567V shoots video at 30 frames per second with a 1280×720 resolution. Pretty sure that’s above and beyond (n. the trance DJs) YouTube’s requirements, but here we are.
All CMOS-captured, H.264-compressed video is recorded onto SDHC crds.
She’s only $180, so well within the reach of most cash-strapped Americans, yes?
Should be a nice competitor to the Flip.
via Akihabara News
- Founded 2005
- Overview YouTube is a video-sharing website created in February 2005 by three former [PayPal](/company/paypal) employees: [Chad Hurley](/person/chad-hurley), [Steve Chen](/person/steve-chen) and [Jawed Karim](/person/jawed-karim). YouTube enables users to upload, view and share videos. It uses [Adobe Flash](/product/adobe-flash) video and HTML5 technology to display a wide variety of user-generated video …
- Location San Bruno, CA
- Categories Games, Entertainment, Online Rental, Video
- Website http://www.youtube.com/
- Full profile for YouTube
- Founded 2010
- Overview Filip is the world’s first smart locator and phone for kids - designed to keep families in touch. When Sten Kirkbak lost his 3-year old son Filip for thirty minutes, it inspired the idea for ‘Filip’: a new type of device to keep parents and their young children in touch. After speaking with other parents, it was clear that there was a need for this type of device to help give children the freedom …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Sten Kirkbak
- Website http://myfilip.com
- Full profile for Filip Technologies