I’m loving how with a few modifications, these next-gen consoles are becoming true media centers. From running third party apps to installing Linux, it seems that this stuff is just a couple clicks away (if you’re willing to fiddle with your hardware a little bit). One easy mod is this one at Lifehacker: how to make your 360 stream Netflix movies. The trouble is it requires Vista. Yes, there’s the rub.
Still, if you’ve got the setup, why not take advantage of it? The steps look pretty simple, so get on it, fool! And let us know if it works.
- Founded 1997
- Overview Netflix is an online television network that is engaged in the internet delivery of TV shows and movies directly on TVs, computers, and mobile devices in the United States and internationally. It provides its services under three segments: international streaming, domestic streaming, and domestic DVD. The network enables members to access and view more than one billion hours of TV shows and movies …
- Location Los Gatos, California
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Entertainment, Games
- Founders Reed Hastings
- Website http://www.netflix.com
- Full profile for Netflix
- Description The Xbox 360 is a video game console developed by Microsoft, and is the successor to the original Xbox, and it is the second console in the Xbox series. The Xbox 360 competes with Sony's PlayStation 3 and Nintendo's Wii as part of the seventh generation of video game consoles. The Xbox 360 was officially unveiled on MTV on May 12, 2005, with detailed launch and game information divulged later …
- Website N/A
- Full profile for Xbox 360