Bill Gates leaves Microsoft on June 27, and every news outlet is now running their own version of “What happens now?” Newsweek’s is among the least annoying, comparing a photo taken in 1978 at a mall in Albuquerque to one taken a few weeks ago.
All the big players are there, from Gates himself to friend and Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen to a then-programmer who’s now a cattle rancher.
Fun and lighthearted, perfect for a Sunday.
- Bio Bill Gates is a technologist, business leader, and philanthropist. He grew up in Seattle, Washington, with an amazing and supportive family who encouraged his interest in computers at an early age. He dropped out of college to start Microsoft with his childhood friend Paul Allen. He married Melinda French in 1994 and they have three children. Today, Bill and Melinda Gates co-chair the charitable …
- Full profile for Bill Gates
- Founded 1974
- Overview Microsoft is an American multinational corporation that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the [Microsoft Windows line of operating systems](/product/windows), [Microsoft Office office suite](/product/microsoft-office), and [Internet Explorer](http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/download-ie) …
- Location Redmond, WA
- Categories Software, Video Games
- Website http://www.microsoft.com
- Full profile for Microsoft
- Bio Paul Allen is the Co-founder of Microsoft, Vulcan Capital, and various other startups. Paul co-founded Microsoft with Bill Gates in 1976, remained the company's chief technologist until he left Microsoft in 1983, and is the founder and chairman of Vulcan Inc. and chairman of Charter Communications (a broadband communications company). In addition, Mr. Allen's multibillion dollar investment …
- Full profile for Paul Allen