Has the announcement of the iPhone 3G, and its $200 starting price, affected prices for the current iPhone?
Eh, not really.
A quick scan of the Internet—yes, all of it—shows no real deal trends. Gearfuse was able to find one current gen iPhone going for less than $200, and one for $200; the rest are all over the place.
The second-hand iPhone market should pick up once July 11 rolls around, and not a day sooner.
Though Twitter is rife with “who wants to buy my old iPhone” tweeets. Of course it is.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Description Announced at the 2008 World Wide Developers Conference (WWDC), the iPhone 3G is the successor to Apple's wildly popular iPhone. It's faster, and much cheaper than its predecessor. Starting at $199 (with a two-year contract), you get an 8 gigabyte device with GPS that works on AT&Tâ€™s high-speed 3G network (as opposed to the slower EDGE network the original iPhone used). A 16 gigabyte …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone 3G
- Founded 1995
- Overview Craigslist is a supremely popular listings site. Craigslist was founded by Craig Newmark in March 1995 as an email list site for San Francisco and Bay Area events. In June 2000, it added its second city, Boston, and then expanded to the major metropolitan cities in August 2000. As of July 2014, Craiglist covers more than 700 local sites in 70 countries. Craiglist.org — note the .org domain suffix …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Curated Web
- Founders Craig Newmark
- Website http://www.craigslist.org
- Full profile for Craigslist
- Founded 1995
- Overview eBay is an online auction and e-commerce platform and marketplace that enables people and businesses to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The platform connects millions of buyers with sellers globally utilizing PayPal to ensure secure transactions. It also operates specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace as well as eBay Classifieds …
- Location San Jose, California
- Categories Business Services, All Markets, Search, Auctions, Internet, E-Commerce
- Website http://ebay.com
- Full profile for eBay