More information has emerged on the OiNK-related arrests of last week. (Please don’t call it “oinkgate;” The “gate” suffix is banned here.)
A total of six people were arrested in Cleveland (in the UK), all of them for sharing “pre-release” albums. All those ADVANCEs you downloaded? They range in age from 19 to 33.
Oh, boy, this is getting interesting.
TorrentFreak has learnt that the OiNK Six were arrested on Conspiracy to Defraud the Music Industry.
And if that doesn’t seem like the most absurd crime of them all, I don’t know what.
UK police, making gentle the life of this world… for the music industry.
- Founded 2004
- Overview BitTorrent creates advanced, innovative technologies to efficiently move large files across the Internet. The company's two main products today include the original BitTorrent software and the tiny-but-mighty µTorrent, which combined boast over 150+ million users. BitTorrent is based in San Francisco, Calif. and is backed by Accel Partners and DCM. BitTorrent is a globally-recognized creator …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Peer-to-Peer, Apps, Software
- Founders Bram Cohen
- Website http://www.bittorrent.com
- Full profile for BitTorrent
- Founded 2012
- Overview Oink is a free online business checking account for start ups and small businesses with no fees. Have a startup or small business that continues to receive fees from big banks for not having the minimum balance or enough transactions? Oink is a free online business checking account with plenty of features that include joint accounts, payroll integration, in depth analytics and much more!
- Location Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Categories Startups, Small and Medium Businesses, Banking, Finance, Internet
- Founders Josh Braun, Tyler Jauquet, Chris Schmitz, Justin Seidl
- Website http://www.oinkbank.co
- Full profile for Oink Bank