Broadcom seems to have been awarded the contract to supply Apple’s 3G iPhone with GPS, says Om Malik. It’s sort of a given at this point and would probably be a dealbreaker for those looking to upgrade or jump onto the bandwagon if the 3G iPhone were sans GPS.
If the only upgrade hardware-wise to the iPhone was 3G would you do it?
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1991
- Overview Broadcom Corporation engages in the design, development, and supply of semiconductors for wired and wireless communications equipment manufacturers. The companyâ€™s products enable the delivery of voice, video, data, and multimedia to and throughout the home, office, and mobile environment. It provides a portfolio of system-on-a-chip and software solutions to manufacturers of computing and networking …
- Location Irvine, California
- Categories Semiconductors, Mobile
- Website http://www.broadcom.com
- Full profile for Broadcom