TheStreet has word from a source familiar with the situation that the GPhone won’t be released in time for the holiday shopping season after all. That’s really all the source had to say about the matter. Oh well.
There are other Android handsets set to launch this year, which I’m assuming won’t be affected by this news/rumor and I’m looking forward to the BlackBerry Bold, anyway. I’m curious to see what Apple will announce next week, too. I know, I know. The geek inside can’t help it.
- Description Android is a software platform for mobile devices based on the Linux operating system and developed by Google and the Open Handset Alliance. It allows developers to write managed code in Java that utilizes Google-developed software libraries, but does not support programs developed in native code. The unveiling of the Android platform on 5 November 2007 was announced with the founding of the Open …
- Website http://code.google.com/android
- Full profile for Android
- Founded 1998
- Overview Google is a multinational corporation that is specialized in internet-related services and products. The company’s product portfolio includes Google Search, which provides users with access to information online; Knowledge Graph that allows to search for things, people, or places as well as builds systems recognizing speech and understanding natural language; Google Now, which provides information …
- Location Mountain View, California
- Categories Software, Video Streaming, Email, Search, Information Technology, Blogging Platforms
- Founders Larry Page, Sergey Brin
- Website http://www.google.com
- Full profile for Google