TGDaily reports that the Atom-based Eee PC will be coming next week, but they seem rightly skeptical of the little guy. After all, at $650 it’s no longer that cheap (you could get a used MacBook for that price), and not only is the performance not really up to par but it’s a certainty that dual-core Atoms are forthcoming in just a few months so your investment in the chipset would be unwise at this point. As much as I like the Eee PC, this doesn’t seem like a winning flavor.
- Founded 1968
- Overview Intel Corporation designs, manufactures, and sells integrated digital technology platforms worldwide. It operates through PC client group, data center group, other Intel architecture, software and services, and other segments. The company’s platforms are used in various computing applications such as notebooks, desktops, servers, tablets, smartphones, automobile infotainment systems, automated …
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Website http://www.intel.com
- Full profile for Intel
- Founded 1990
- Overview ASUS is well known for high-quality and innovative technology. ASUS offers a complete product portfolio to compete in the new millennium.
- Location Fremont, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Computers, Mobile, Networking
- Founders Wayne Hsieh, Ted Hsu, T.H. Tung, M.T. Liao
- Website http://www.asus.com
- Full profile for Asus