It was bound to happen, and today it’s official: Craigslist is countersuing eBay, claiming unfair competitive practices, fraudulent business claims, copyright infringement and more.
The auction site has a roughly 25% stake in Craigslist, and Craigslist wants it back, and the filing says that Craigslist wants eBay to divest its shares.
We’ll have to see how this pans out when it goes to court, but it’s looking like eBay, the company that trades on people being good to each other, wasn’t taking its own medicine.
- Founded 1995
- Overview eBay is an online auction and e-commerce platform and marketplace that enables people and businesses to buy and sell a wide variety of goods and services worldwide. The platform connects millions of buyers with sellers globally utilizing PayPal to ensure secure transactions. It also operates specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace as well as eBay Classifieds …
- Location San Jose, California
- Categories Business Services, All Markets, Search, Auctions, Internet, E-Commerce
- Website http://ebay.com
- Full profile for eBay
- Founded 1995
- Overview Craigslist is a supremely popular listings site. Craigslist was founded by Craig Newmark in March 1995 as an email list site for San Francisco and Bay Area events. In June 2000, it added its second city, Boston, and then expanded to the major metropolitan cities in August 2000. As of July 2014, Craiglist covers more than 700 local sites in 70 countries. Craiglist.org — note the .org domain suffix …
- Location San Francisco, California
- Categories Curated Web
- Founders Craig Newmark
- Website http://www.craigslist.org
- Full profile for Craigslist