My hangover is killing any enthusiasm I have today and hindering my ability to form complete sentences, so you’ll have to bear with me. If you’re into Mac virtualization then you already know what VMWare does. As the headline suggests, Fusion Beta 1 is now out. You can find all the details here. Here are some of the more important changes.
1. When it launches, VMware Fusion 2.0 will be a free upgrade to all VMware Fusion 1.x users. This is as a sincere thank you to our early supporters who have partnered with us to make this product so great.
2. VMware Fusion 2.0 Beta 1 offers first “true” multi-display support for virtual machines—your virtual machines will see as many individual Mac displays as you attach to your Mac (you have to see the demo video to believe it)
3. Next gen 3D acceleration: We up the ante with experimental support for DirectX 9.0 Shader Model 2.
4. Dead Simple Switching to VMware Fusion: Integrated importation of Parallels Desktop and Virtual PC for Mac virtual machines. *And* integrated Boot Camp conversion, letting you take your Boot Camp from “physical to virtual” with a couple clicks.
5. Dozens of usability and general improvements: Easy virtual machine printing, totally re-designed Settings Editor, easier Shared Folders, and the list goes on and on.