Parallels, the virtualization software that lets you run Windows apps on an Intel Mac, now supports Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3. The latest version, which was released earlier today, costs $80, the same as VMware’s competing application Fusion.
I used Parallels once, sometime last year, and couldn’t couldn’t connect to the Internet within Windows. So I freaked out and installed Boot Camp. Problem solved, molehill into a mountain.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1999
- Overview Parallels is a worldwide leader in virtualization and automation software that optimizes computing for consumers, businesses, and service providers across all major hardware, operating system, and virtualization platforms. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with 700 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia.
- Location Renton, WA
- Categories Software, Cloud Computing, SaaS, Virtualization
- Founders Juri Tsibrovski
- Website http://www.parallels.com
- Full profile for Parallels
- Description Windows XP is a line of operating systems produced by Microsoft]/company/microsoft) for use on personal computers, including home and
- Website http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-xp/default.aspx
- Full profile for Windows XP
- Description Windows Vista is a line of operating systems developed by Microsoft for use on personal computers, including home and business desktops,
- Website http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-vista/default.aspx
- Full profile for Windows Vista