It’s like a newspaper in your phone. I like the idea of location-targeted news from the Associated Press coming straight to my iPhone (and probably iPod Touch); it’s like the local page from your newspaper, but without the cow-tipping updates.
A lot of the big news corporations are on board, which means you won’t be getting locked out of good local content. There will, of course, be ads, but you’ve got those in real 3D newspapers too. They say they’ll be launching a service “Monday,” and today is Monday, so go check.
- Founded 1846
- Overview Associated Press is one of the largest and trusted sources of independent newsgathering, supplying a steady stream of news to its members, international subscribers, and commercial customers. It is a not-for-profit news cooperative that is owned by American newspaper and broadcast members. It has covered all the major news events of the past 165 years, providing quality, informed reporting of everything …
- Location New York, New York
- Categories News
- Website http://www.ap.org
- Full profile for Associated Press
- Description Apple's iPhone was introduced at MacWorld in January 2007 and officially went on sale June 29, 2007, selling 146,000 units within the first weekend of launch. The phone has been hailed as revolutionary with its bundle of advanced mobile web browsing, music and video playback, and touch screen controls. The iPhone is exclusively carried on the networks of both AT&T and Verizon in the U.S. An iPhone …
- Website http://www.apple.com/iphone
- Full profile for iPhone