Those jokers down at Adobe are making a play for more of the mobile market by launching what they call the “Open Screen Project.” Don’t get ahead of yourself there, Adobe. It’s a bit of an indulgent name considering Flash is hardly an open format. Still, it’s hard to criticize them for putting it out there for anyone to take — no charge. Very nice.
They say they’re working on a custom iPhone format, but Apple has already given them flak for Flash being slow, so who knows whether you’ll see it officially or whether it will have to be a plug-in with no confidence from Apple.
- Founded 1982
- Overview Adobe is a software company that provides its users with digital marketing and media solutions. Its tools and services allow its customers to create ground-breaking digital content, deploy it across media and devices, measure and optimize it over time, and achieve greater business success. The company helps its customers make, manage, measure, and monetize their content across every channel and screen. …
- Location San Jose, California
- Categories Photo Editing, Design, Creative, Software, Image Recognition
- Website http://www.adobe.com
- Full profile for Adobe Systems
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple