In March we wrote a preliminary list of the people Microsoft will propose as alternate board of directors in the event their acquisition efforts go hostile.
See our recent interview with Citi analyst Mark Mahaney who discusses the probable outcomes to Microsoft’s effort.
Microsoft is proposing ten new board members, plus two alternates (here’s the current board members they would replace).
The original list (we now believe Tom Freston was incorrect and has been removed):
- John Chapple – Former CEO, Nextel Communications
- Edward H. Meyer – Former CEO, Grey Global Group
- Jaynie Studenmund – Former CEO, eHarmony
We’re now adding the following individuals to that list based on new sources of information:
- Kenneth Goldman – Board of Directors, Infinera Corporation; former CFO and SVP for Siebel Systems
- Richard Kashnow – Director, Ariba; former CEO of Raychem
- James Mooney – Director and Chairman at Virgin Media, also a director of Sirius Satellite Radio
- Ross Levinsohn – Former President of Fox Interactive Media; partner of Velocity Interactive Group
- Vanessa Whittman – Former CFO, Adelphia Communications