What the hell? I’m all for modularity and being able to upgrade components individually in a powerhouse computer like the Mac Pro, but $279 for an 8800GT? The card you’re getting is fully $100 cheaper on the street even for a good brand like XFX or PNY (nice deal there).
Reminds me of the infamous Xbox 360 hard drive markup. I know many people will gladly pay a premium for Apple hardware, but this really isn’t even Apple hardware.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; iPod; Apple TV; …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software, Consumer Electronics, Computers, Electronics, Retail
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Jen-Hsun Huang, Chris Malachowsky
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia