Attention, owners of old Mac Pros. You can now, if you so desire, upgrade your graphics card to the Nvidia 8800GT for the reasonable price of $279. Apparently there was some sort of hullabaloo earlier this year because the previously released 8800GT only worked with just-released Mac Pro. Owners of older systems complained and complained, Steve Jobs apologized (sorta) and told them the upgrade was coming. And now it’s here.
- Founded 1976
- Overview Apple is a multinational corporation that designs, manufactures, and markets mobile communication and media devices, personal computers, portable digital music players, and sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. Apple provides many products and services, including iPhone; iPad; iPod; Mac; Apple TV; a portfolio …
- Location Cupertino, CA
- Categories Consumer Electronics, Electronics, Retail, Hardware, Software
- Website http://www.apple.com
- Full profile for Apple
- Founded 1993
- Overview Nvidia specializes in the manufacture of graphics-processor technologies for workstations, desktop computers, and mobile devices. The company, based in Santa Clara, California, is a major supplier of integrated circuits used for personal-computer motherboard chipsets, graphics processing units (GPUs), and game-consoles.
- Location Santa Clara, CA
- Categories Hardware + Software
- Founders Jen-Hsun Huang, Chris Malachowsky
- Website http://www.nvidia.com
- Full profile for Nvidia